Home Staging Tips
As you may have heard in the past, staged homes often sell for more money and quicker than those homes that aren’t staged. Want to make sure your home goes from “FOR SALE” to “SOLD” in the shortest amount of time possible and with
1. Attract Them from Afar
As buyers approach your home for a showing, the first impression determines if they’ll continue inside or simply drive by and give your agent the “No thank you” phone call.
- Power wash anything that needs it including things such as siding, sidewalk, driveways, porch, etc.
- Plant fresh flowers, add potted
plants,and straighten up your lawn edge
- Replace exterior lighting and house numbers
2. The Angel is in the Details
Purchasing a home is a very large investment and the buyers (and probably their representation as well) will scour yours with a fine toothed comb. You should beat them to it.
- Replace light bulbs
- Make small cosmetic repairs
- Update hardware
3. Create the Illusion of More Space
It’s not just about the amount of space the home has. The buyers are already aware of the square footage at this point. The trick is to make your home feel more spacious.
- Let in natural light
- Declutter and discard of unnecessary items
- Reduce over-sized furniture
4. Make Them Feel at Home
Although technically the home buyer is a guest in your home, you really want to help them envision living there.
- Paint the walls a neutral color
- Put away personal photos
5. Cater to the Senses
As a seller, you’ll need to master the art of charming a buyer during a showing. Set the mood by appealing to their senses.
- Set the right temperature, usually around 70 to 75 degrees
- Open the windows to let in fresh air or bake cookies
- Set out some freshly baked cookies, soft drinks, or water